SERVING CLIENTS IN CENTRE COUNTY
First discovered in 1764, Centre County Pennsylvania was established on February 13, 1800. The name came from its location, being that it is in the center of Pennsylvania. It is the fifth-largest county in Pennsylvania by area.
The earliest inhabitants were the Shawnee and Delaware Indians. Many of the Centre’s landmarks are named after Lenni-Lenape Delaware tribe such as Mount Nittany, named after Nita-Nee. While the first sighting of the land was in 1764 by James Potter, no settlers arrived until 1784. These settlers included German, English, Mennonites, and Scotch-Irish Presbyterians.
The county’s area became known for its iron production by using timber, ore, and the local streams. Iron furnaces were established all over the region and have been preserved to this day.
In the mid-1800’s, education took over the land with the building of the Farmer’s High School, which later became Pennsylvania State University.
The county is home to approximately 154,000 residents with 139 people per square mile. Located inside the county are Bald Eagle Valley, Bald Eagle Mountain, Nittany Valley, Penns Valley, Tussey Mountain, and Mount Nittany.
Things to do in Centre County
- Bald Eagle State Park: This 5,900-acre state park is home to Bald Eagle Mountain, surrounded by forests and wetlands. Attend a walking tour or swim in the 1,200-foot-long sand and turf beach.
- Pennsylvania Military Museum: Take a walk with a guided tour through Pennsylvania’s military history of armory and weapons.
- Discovery Space of Central Pennsylvania: Bring the family and children for a fun day of space exploration with hands-on activities for all ages.
- Penn’s Cave and Wildlife Park: Glide through the waters of the limestone cave on a boat tour, be guided through the nature and wildlife tour, or even travel from the cave to the mountaintop for all the stunning views.
- Tussey Mountain: Open for all seasons, take part in all the outdoor activities provided such as skiing, a driving range, hiking, and outdoor movie screenings.
Who You Are
You’re from the Centre County, PA, right in the middle of the state of Pennsylvania. Always eager for a weekend adventure after a week of hard work, you dwell in the bountiful forests, and mountains.
Though you make an effort, your house isn’t always protected from the surroundings. A brutal storm may pass through landing a tree through your newly built deck and sunroom. When such incidents occur, take a breath then contact a property damage lawyer in your area.
Who We Are & How We Can Help
Whether you are a professor at the local university, a business owner, sales representative, we are here to help in all matters. You may need legal services for having a slip and fall while at work, get into a car accident on your way to the local restaurant for dinner, or have something more extreme happen, such as a tree falling through your brand-new sunroom.
Whatever your situation, the team at Saffren and Weinberg are here for justice! We have offices in multiple counties in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, even close to Centre County. Our experience includes workers’ compensation, personal injury, and property damage. No matter your situation we are a call away, so contact us at 215-576-0100 for a free consultation.
TALK TO A LAWYER
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with Saffren & Weinberg
The experienced personal injury lawyers bring justice to our clients who have suffered at the hands of hospitals, insurance companies, and doctors. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. An experienced lawyer will assess your personal injury lawsuit claim and advise you of your legal rights.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CASE
Read our FAQ
Get all the facts you need to understand the inner workings of your case. Saffren & Weinberg is here to provide you a voice for justice. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve.