SERVING CLIENTS IN BUTLER COUNTY
Named for a Revolutionary War hero, General Richard Butler, Butler County, Pennsylvania, dates back to March 11, 1800. The county, according to the 2010 Census, is home to 183, 862 residents, and spans a rectangular plot of land, approximately 790 square miles.
Just north of the metropolis of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Butler is remarkably 50% forest land, and Butler Borough is the county seat, where their historical Courthouse is located. There are 33 townships and 23 boroughs within the county.
Butler County is served by the Butler Area Rural Transit, which is a company of 17 wheelchair-accessible buses, dedicated to the mobility of individuals, particularly those requiring special assistance.
Historical Facts About Butler County
Steeped in Native American history, as it was once home to the Iroquois people, Butler County has since been a primarily agricultural area.
In its very beginning, George Washington spent a brief time in Butler County, as he traveled through the area during the French and Indian War.
Later, the Borough of Saxonburg became home to John Roebling, the famous designer of the Brooklyn Bridge, and designates the place where he invented wire rope.
Further, the original version of the very popular Jeep vehicle was designed by the American Bantam Company in Butler County, to be used as a heavy, durable mode of transportation in battle during WWII.
Things To Do
Nature lovers take delight in visiting this beautiful area of Pennsylvania. As a full 50% of the county is forest land, there are nearly endless options when it comes to hiking, biking, fishing, and camping. In addition to the vast natural environment, here are a few of the must-see agritourism locations in Butler County:
- Armstrong Farms – This historic bed and breakfast location, founded in 1816, is a perfect place to hold weddings and other large events.
- Cheeseman Farm – Family owned and operated, this facility is another excellent venue for corporate parties and events or weddings for 130 to 300 people. Additionally, on the grounds, there are several camping options, ranging from tents to cabins.
- West Park Alpacas – This is a treasure trove of all things Alpacas. A selection of alpaca merchandise can be bought here; other services include boarding, breeding, and investments.
Nature lover or not, there are various non-agricultural sites and activities to keep visitors delightfully occupied in this quaint part of Pennsylvania. Be sure to stop by and see the following:
- Appalachian Rock Shop and Jewelry Emporium – Find jewelry, minerals, fossils, rocks, and crystals in this retail establishment and educational facility. Experts are always on call, with degreed geologists owning the shop.
- Conley Resort and Golf Club – Parents and kids of all ages will have a great time at this location, thanks to the 18-hole golf course, the indoor water park, and more.
- Slippery Rock University – Plan to spend some time on the lovely Slippery Rock University campus, which was founded as a teacher’s college in 1889.
Be sure to visit Butler County’s tourism site for tour schedules, as well as information about their exciting seasonal events and festivals.
At Saffren and Weinberg, we are proud to serve Butler County with our superior legal expertise and talent. If you or someone you know has suffered a personal injury at the hands of another party and needs assistance from an experienced and dedicated legal team, please contact our personal injury lawyers online or at (215) 576 – 0100.
Walter Drake Reviews Saffren & Weinberg
thank you to the whole team!
TALK TO A LAWYER
Schedule a Free Consultation with Saffren & Weinberg
We bring justice to our clients who have suffered at the hands of hospitals, insurance companies and doctors. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll assess your case and advise you of your legal rights.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CASE
Read our FAQ
Get all the facts you need to understand the inner workings of your case. Saffren & Weinberg is here to provide you a voice for justice. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
815 Greenwood Avenue
Jenkintown, PA 19046-2800
Marc Weinberg Practice Areas
Two Penn Center Plaza
1500 J.F.K. Blvd., Suite 1030
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Kenneth Saffren Practice Areas
NEW JERSEY OFFICE
1874 East Marlton Pike (Rt. 70)
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003