SERVING CLIENTS IN CAMERON COUNTY
Welcome to the second smallest county in both land area and population in Pennsylvania: Cameron County! On March 29th, 1860, parts of Clinton, Elk, Potter, and McKean counties were combined to establish the 398 square mile area known as Cameron County named after Senator Simon Cameron. The County seat, Emporium, was incorporated October 13th, 1864. Famous contributions from Cameron County include producing dynamite to make the Panama Canal and making war ammunitions for World War 1 and 2. Today the County remains the heart of the powdered metal industry. Cameron is the perfect rural getaway from city life, surrounded by lush forestry and mountains containing diverse wildlife!
Home to one of Pennsylvania’s smallest counties is Cameron County, only having a population of around 5,000 residents. About one-fifth of the households are families with almost 28% of them having children under the age of 18 years old, while approximately 15% of the homes are occupied by a resident 65 years or older living alone.
Within Cameron County, there are two Boroughs (Driftwood and Emporium), and five Townships (Gibson, Grove, Lumber, Portage, and Shippen). Of these communities, the two most populated are Driftwood and Emporium.
What to Visit While in Cameron County
- Bucktail State Park Natural Area: The 75-mile park runs along Pennsylvania Route 120 going from Lock Haven to Emporium. The river valley encompasses a variety of trees and shrubs and is most famous for the viewing of Elk!
- Moshannon State Forest: A perfect weekend get-away either in Spring or Winter. Camp here for the weekend while taking advantage of all the activities such as hiking, horseback riding, fishing, snowmobiling, or skiing!
- Wildlife Center at Sinnemahoning State Park: Take in the breath-taking views of the mountainside and deep valleys while seeing all the surrounding wildlife in the area. Schedule a Pontoon boat tour and birdwatch while enjoying brunch!
- The Little Museum: Located in Driftwood, a little museum full of the County’s surrounding wildlife and history.
- Reitz Theater: A local town theater a short drive away in Du Bois is home to local plays and musicals by the residents, screenings of favorite movies, and concerts!
- Elk Mountain Winery: Located by one of the largest Elk herds on this side of the Mississippi, serving free wine tasting with a choice of over 30 amazing wines to choose from!
- Penn’s Cave and Wildlife Park: Glide through the waters of the limestone cave on a boat tour, be guided through the nature and wildlife tour, or even travel from the cave to the mountaintop for all the stunning views!
Saffren & Weinberg: For all Your Law Needs
Known as the people’s voice in court, Saffren & Weinberg proudly represent both Pennsylvania and New Jersey residents in a variety of legal matters. They cover all counties in Pennsylvania and are only a call away and ready to serve your Justice wherever you are! Call today at 215-576-0100.
Ella Debisantio Reviews Saffren & Weinberg
I am so happy I took the advice from one of my close friends to seek the help of saffren and weinberg because they truly were a pleasure to work with
TALK TO A LAWYER
Schedule a Free Consultation with Saffren & Weinberg
We bring justice to our clients who have suffered at the hands of hospitals, insurance companies and doctors. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll assess your case and advise you of your legal rights.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CASE
Read our FAQ
Get all the facts you need to understand the inner workings of your case. Saffren & Weinberg is here to provide you a voice for justice. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
NEW JERSEY OFFICE
1874 East Marlton Pike (Rt. 70)
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003