SERVING CLIENTS IN CARBON COUNTY
Located in rural Pennsylvania, Carbon County was founded on March 13, 1843, through a combination of Northampton and Monroe Counties. Jim Thorpe is the county seat incorporated January 26th, 1850 named initially Mauch Chunk but renamed as Jim Thorpe after the famous Indian athlete and Gold medalist from the Olympics. The county received its name from its deposits of anthracite coal and was home of the first railroad in America known as the “Switchback” railroad and was explicitly designed to carry coal. The beautiful landscape of Carbon County is in northeastern Pennsylvania, about 90 miles northeast of Philadelphia and approximately 90 miles west of New York City. It is the northern and eastern parts of the county are a part of the Commonwealth known as the Pocono Mountains.
Activities and Adventures within Carbon County
- Mauch Chunk Lake Park: Located in the heart of Carbon County is this beautiful park home to a range of activities such as camping, swimming, boating, hiking, and much more!
- Hickory Run State Park: Located within the Penn Forest Township of Carbon County, pack a picnic basket and your bathing suit for swimming in the lake bordered by a sandy beach and hiking to Hawk Falls!
- Old Jail Museum: Dating back to the 1800s this jail now stands as a museum which was once home to numerous criminals and is historically known for the hangings of the Irish coal miners known as Molly Maguires.
- No. 9 Mine and Museum: Take a weekend trip out to visit the history of Carbon County and learn about how the mining and distribution of coal transformed this town!
- Jack Frost Ski Resort: Linked together with Big Boulder Ski Resort, both encompass the beauty of the mountainside of Carbon County while providing a weekend getaway at the lodge resort for the whole family!
- Split Rock Resort: Bring the family to Split Rock resort and relax by the poolside while the children splash through the indoor water park H20ooohh!
Though two-thirds of Carbon County are State Parks or reserved land, the county holds almost 59,000 residents holding 154 people per square mile! Around 24,000 households are within the county with 16,000 of them residing families. Of the homes, with families, 29% have children under the age of 18 years old and 13.5% have someone living alone who was 65 years or older.
Saffren & Weinberg: Your Local County Lawyers
Serving all counties in Pennsylvania and some of New Jersey, Saffren & Weinberg are known as the people’s voice and are ready to fight for you! They represent a large variety of practices ranging from medical malpractice to workers’ compensation. Contact us today for any legal help at 215-576-0100.
TALK TO A LAWYER
Schedule a Free Consultation with Saffren & Weinberg
We bring justice to our clients who have suffered at the hands of hospitals, insurance companies and doctors. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll assess your case and advise you of your legal rights.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CASE
Read our FAQ
Get all the facts you need to understand the inner workings of your case. Saffren & Weinberg is here to provide you a voice for justice. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
NEW JERSEY OFFICE
1874 East Marlton Pike (Rt. 70)
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003