REPRESENTING SLIP & FALL VICTIMS FOR OVER 20 YEARS
TALK TO A LAWYER
Schedule a Free Consultation with Saffren & Weinberg
We bring justice to our clients who have suffered at the hands of hospitals, insurance companies and doctors. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll assess your case and advise you of your legal rights.
Don’t Wait to Seek Medical & Legal Help
When you slip and fall, you not only experience pain, but embarrassment. You also feel anxiety of what medical treatment is needed, how long you will be out of work or how you are going to pay the bills while recovering. At Saffren & Weinberg, we understand your concerns. We have seen the injuries resulting from a slip and fall and the damage they have done to victims’ lives. For example, a person slips and falls on ice in a shopping center parking lot. She heard a “pop” sound in her left knee and discovered she had torn several ligaments. This injury required surgery and physical therapy. It will be several months before her knee will be fully recovered. The property management company that maintains the lot was clearly at fault for not providing proper ice removal.
The longer you wait to seek medical attention, the greater the chances of the injury causing permanent damage. Also, you have up to two years to file a claim. It is imperative that you seek legal guidance as soon as possible in filing a claim.
In proving your negligence claim, you must prove that:
- The proper owner or employee caused the accident.
- The proper owner or employee had known about the dangerous surface and did nothing about it.
- The proper owner or employee should have known the dangerous surface would cause an accident.
It is important to note that if you slip and fall on a local, state or federal government property, there are different rules that apply. Contact us to learn what they are and how to file a claim.
Causes of Slip & Falls
Tripping is also included in the category. Slip and falls can happen at any time and at any location (e.g. your apartment building, a restaurant or a department store) from dangerous conditions, such as:
- Wet Floors
- Changes in Flooring (e.g. bulge in a carpet)
- Poor Lighting
- Objects on Stairs or Ground
- Broken/Uneven Sidewalks
- Nature (ice, rain or snow)
- Hidden Hazards (i.e potholes or removed manhole covers)
- Construction/Remodeled Areas
There are several injuries resulting from a slip (or trip) and fall, such as broken bones, sprains, brain injuries, contusions and lacerations.
Were You Careless?
This is the first question you will be asked by the owner of the property and the insurance adjuster. The insurance adjuster works for the property owner and will do all he or she can to prove the accident or injury was your fault. Other questions you will be asked are:
- Were you in a “dangerous” area (e.g. a construction site)?
- Would you have noticed the dangerous spot and avoided it?
- Were there any warning signs (e.g. a sign posted or bad lighting)?
- Were you distracted or acting in a way that would have likely caused the accident (e.g. talking on your cell phone while walking)?
We stand up to insurance companies all the time. We will win your case and get the compensation you need to cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CASE
Read our FAQ
Get all the facts you need to understand the inner workings of your case. Saffren & Weinberg is here to provide you a voice for justice. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
THE PEOPLE’S VOICE
PHILADELPHIA’S PREMIER GENERAL PRACTICE LAW FIRM
NEW JERSEY OFFICE
1874 East Marlton Pike (Rt. 70)
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003