WORKERS’ COMPENSATION FOR NECK INJURIES IN PA & NJ
TALK TO A LAWYER
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with Saffren & Weinberg
The experienced personal injury lawyers bring justice to our clients who have suffered at the hands of hospitals, insurance companies, and doctors. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. An experienced lawyer will assess your personal injury lawsuit claim and advise you of your legal rights.
Fighting for your Rights
Think for a moment how difficult doing simple tasks, such as tying a shoe or putting on a watch, would be if you had a neck injury. A neck injury does happen on the job and can cause issues with walking and swallowing as well as cause permanent paralysis. The neck spans from the base of the skull and into the shoulders and is made up of bones and joints, discs, muscles and ligaments. Each has a part to play in providing movement as well as holds the cervical spine together. Neck injuries can be caused by:
- Poor neck posture (i.e. computer work or using the phone)
- Lack of motion throughout the work day (i.e. bus driver)
- Car accidents
- Slip & falls
- Falling objects
- A pinched nerve
- Fracture or dislocation of spine
- Torn or ruptured disc
Symptoms of a Neck Injury
- Referred pain (e.g. pain in arms, legs and shoulders)
- Muscle spasms
- Slowed reflexes
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CASE
Read our FAQ
Get all the facts you need to understand the inner workings of your case. Saffren & Weinberg is here to provide you a voice for justice. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Neck and back injuries from car accidents will not appear right away, which makes them hard to prove in court. However, that does not make them any less painful or debilitating. The most common neck injuries are whiplash, pinched nerves and herniated discs.
- Whiplash: when the neck is jerked forward or backward as from a car accident, causing the neck muscles and tendons to stretch and tear. The symptoms of whiplash include pain, decreased motion, stiffness and headaches (start at base of skull). Often, these symptoms show up after the accident.
- Pinched Nerves (nerve root compression): when the nerves in the neck are pinched causing pain, numbness and weakness. The compression is caused by a herniated disk, narrowing of spinal space, degeneration of disks and bony growths.
- Herniated Disks: when the material in the disk between vertebrae pushes out through a tear affecting nerves. They can occur in the neck and the back.
Tests ordered for neck injuries include an x-ray, CT scan and an MRI. The treatment for a neck injury ranges from over-the-counter medication to surgery. It can also require physical therapy and hydrotherapy. If you have suffered a neck injury, you should immediately report the accident to your employer and seek medical treatment. Remember, the insurance company does not want to pay more than what they deem necessary, so you should consult a neck-injury lawyer for legal guidance. Our legal team is ready to get you the benefits you need to pay your medical bills, recoup lost wages as well as pay for out-of-pocket expenses. We want to get you back on your feet and to fully recover without hardship.
The Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at Saffren & Weinberg Can Help
If you have suffered a neck injury due to a work injury, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation and workers’ compensation benefits. The workers’ compensation attorneys at Saffren & Weinberg have years of experience helping injured workers with their workers’ compensation claims and injury settlements. Following a personal injury, you may have medical expenses for the medical care received. Our comp attorneys will fight for the workers’ compensation insurance and disability benefits that you deserve.
Whether it is a sprain, spinal cord injury, neck pain from repetitive motion, brain injury, or if you need to undergo neck surgery because of your workplace injury, injury attorneys at our law firm can help you with your workers’ compensation case. If you have questions about your workers’ comp claim, workers’ compensation settlement, or insurance carrier, contact our law office for a free consultation or visit our site to start chat!
THE PEOPLE’S VOICE