EXPERIENCE HANDLING WRONGFUL DEATH CASES IN PA & NJ
TALK TO A LAWYER
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with Saffren & Weinberg
The experienced personal injury lawyers bring justice to our clients who have suffered at the hands of hospitals, insurance companies, and doctors. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. An experienced lawyer will assess your personal injury lawsuit claim and advise you of your legal rights.
In PA or NJ, a wrongful death case is usually filed by either the dependent child or spouse of the one who passed. In some instances, parents, siblings, and other family members that relied on the person may also be able to file a claim.
How Wrongful Deaths Occur
In Definition, wrongful death is death due to the negligence of another party. Those who are a beneficiary of or dependent on the person who passed may be entitled to monetary damages.
Although states in the United States have lined up statutes to prevent wrongful death from occurring in manufacturing workplaces and hospitals, wrongful death cases still occur in situations such as;
- Medical Malpractice in the Emergency Room: Wrongful Death cases often happen due to the negligence of health providers in the emergency room. This can be anything from misdiagnosing a health condition, performing surgical errors, or prematurely discharging a patient.
- Anesthesia malpractice: If an anesthesiologist gives a fatal amount of anesthesia during surgery.
- Vehicle Accidents: Automobile companies are often held responsible for an accident that occurs in the car, and trucking companies may be responsible for truck accidents if their employee breaks trucking regulations
Wrongful Death Compensation
Every state allows the heir of the one who passed to file a wrongful death lawsuit in the event that the death was due to another party’s negligence. Here are some of the factors that the court takes into consideration when handling a wrongful death case:
- How much money was earned by the deceased
- Companionship loss
- How much the deceased saved
- How much the survivors were financially stable on the deceased.
- Expenses that were incurred by the survivors for medical and funeral costs
Wrongful death cases can be very complex and often require the government to take action because they include professional misconduct, criminal investigations, a history of negligent conduct, government regulation violation, and potentially negligence with numerous other victims.
Although there is no amount of money that could compensate for the death of a loved one, being financially stable and bringing justice to those who caused the passing will ultimately bring you security and closure. The laws surrounding wrongful death are complicated and vary from state to state. During your grieving period, you may lose sight of the urgency of the case. However, Wrongful Death cases need to be filed in an orderly amount of time, so you do not miss out on the financial compensation that you deserve.
Consulting a personal injury attorney that handles wrongful death claims is the first step you should take in filing against the negligent party. Having an experienced wrongful death attorney by your side will help you through this difficult, grieving process. Saffren and Weinberg has an experienced team of lawyers that will assist you with your wrongful death case. To receive a free case evaluation, contact us at (215) 576-0100.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CASE
Read our FAQ
Get all the facts you need to understand the inner workings of your case. Saffren & Weinberg is here to provide you a voice for justice. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
THE PEOPLE’S VOICE
PHILADELPHIA’S PREMIER GENERAL PRACTICE LAW FIRM
NEW JERSEY OFFICE
1874 East Marlton Pike (Rt. 70)
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003