SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY APPEAL ATTORNEYS
TALK TO A LAWYER
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with Saffren & Weinberg
The experienced personal injury lawyers bring justice to our clients who have suffered at the hands of hospitals, insurance companies, and doctors. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. An experienced lawyer will assess your personal injury lawsuit claim and advise you of your legal rights.
We Help You Get the Social Security Benefits You Deserve
Filling out the paperwork for a social security disability insurance (SSDI) claim can be frustrating. What’s even more frustrating is when the claim is denied. What happened? You filled out the form completely. You included your (or a loved one’s) medical records, and you have proven that you cannot be gainfully employed due to your medical condition. You want to give up. We’re here to help you. At Saffren & Weinberg, our lawyers know social security law. We will help you get through the social security appeal process.
Reasons for Why a SSDI Claim is Denied
It’s important to note that you do have resources and options. In going back over your application, did you:
- Include all of your medical treatments? The physician’s (including physical therapists and physician assistants) contact information? Dates of treatments?
- Provide ample medical evidence? Take a look at your medical records. Are they detailed? Did you talk to your physician about your limitations? It is always recommended to have a healthy dialog with your treating physician with each visit.
- Fill out the paperwork completely?
Take Action – Appeal!
When your disability claim has been denied, you should appeal. Surprisingly, most claimants don’t! Claimants give up too quickly or file the appeal too late. You have 60 days from the date of the denial letter to file an appeal. Also, you don’t have file a new claim.
When your claim is denied, you will go to a hearing with an administrative law judge. At this point, it is in your best interest to hire an SSDI attorney who has been to many hearings. And you want an attorney to be your advocate, not a “claim representative” from a law firm. The attorneys at Saffren & Weinberg will:
- Ensure that your case has all the relevant documents. We have the experience to know what the judge will be looking for in your claim.
- Locate any missing documents, such as medical records and physician statements.
- Apply social security administration regulations to your case.
Levels of the Appeals Process
- Reconsideration – The Social Security Administration will review your case again.
- Hearing – An administrative law judge conducts it. You should bring additional evidence to the hearing.
- Appeals Council – If you still disagree with the ruling, you may request a review with the social security appeals council. They can make a ruling or send the case back to the administrative law judge.
- Federal Court – The last level is federal court. You may file a lawsuit in federal district court.
We help disabled persons in Pennsylvania and New Jersey get the disability benefits they need to carry on with their lives.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CASE
Read our FAQ
Get all the facts you need to understand the inner workings of your case. Saffren & Weinberg is here to provide you a voice for justice. We want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
THE PEOPLE’S VOICE
PHILADELPHIA’S PREMIER GENERAL PRACTICE LAW FIRM
815 Greenwood Avenue Suite 22
Jenkintown, PA 19046-2800
Marc Weinberg Practice Areas
Two Penn Center Plaza
1500 J.F.K. Blvd., Suite 1030
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Kenneth Saffren Practice Areas